Monday, May 26, 2008

Things are looking up

You might wonder how I've had a hard time with things so nice here, but they were definitely not a picnic the first few days. I won't go into detail, but the first night we got here after a series of events I ended up crying myself to sleep and then an hour later crying again as Owen was sobbing because he couldn't sleep in the pack and play and was hysterical. I just had to put him back down and let him sob because he wouldn't calm down, but he considering it his bed now and is happy to get in it...it just took a little bit of time. Day 2, falling up the tile stairs and getting the biggest bruise I've ever gotten in my life on my hip, and also my arm and other knee (luckily I wasn't carrying the kids). Day 3, getting shut out of a professional soccer game with Duane and the kids because of Owen being too young, everyone else had to go on in and we spent an hour and a half going from gate to gate trying to get someone to let us in...after walking two miles from the cars with the kids on everyone's shoulders so there's now way I could carry one of them back to the car all that way so we just had to wait outside most of the time until the game was over. I about lost it a couple of times when we were begging to be let in and no one would listen. That was REALLY hard. It was hard to understand why God wouldn't want us in there but obviously He didn't. I have had to get adjusted to not being able to communicate with people, we were supposed to have our Vonage home phone number here but we are not going to be able to hook it up to the house... no TV, computer, internet, phone! Not just these things, but everything in general my flesh was SCREAMING for comfort those first few days. But now that things have not worked out and I have my expectations set, I am glad. I can't run to those things, and especially the phone which is usually what I do, or a nap. But even though I am pregnant, when I take a nap I only doze or either just sleep an hour. I am just not that tired and so I read. I brought my journal with me from my original ITP Thailand trip and that whole year and it has been so good to read and ask God to rekindle my heart and that by the end of the summer I would be intimate with Him again. And the last few days, I have seen Him sustain me and seen in ways that I haven't seen in a long time (mainly from not needing to) that He really is my portion, and my Rock, and that even when things are upside down He will take care of me and make everything ok inside. I think it will be a good summer.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, Kim... I would have been crying myself to sleep, too! I felt so sorry for you in the sentence about Owen crying and crying not being able to rest... And not being able to get in the gates?! I would have been crying then, too!

I'm glad things are better for you now. I'm sure this summer is going to be lead you to good intimacy with Him, too. Thanks for updating us.

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Hey, how do I contact you with questions about bills and mail? My e-mail is robyn_with_a_y@hotmail.com
I have a question about a Terminix bill (renewal for your termite contract, I think).

Amy said...

I am encouraged!!!I will be praying for you

Merrill said...

Hi Kimmie/Letha
We miss you and we're praying for you. Ruthie said the other day that she's sad that "Berry" moved to "Messico." I told her Berry and Owie will be back after the summer and she was glad. Love you guys!