Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I have really started loving Publix


I took the coupon workshop and just started shopping at Publix in Fairhope last month. I got all this stuff tonight for $120 with tax - and normally at Walmart the diapers (2 boxes) and formula (2 big cans) alone would have cost me $92! And I got all this extra stuff, including the whole bowl of fruit, grapes, roast and pork chops! I love this place!!! I have only spent about $250 this month on food so far (including diapers and formula) and literally think I can make it the rest of the month with out spending much more! My freezer is packed! That's like cutting $450 off my food budget for the month. Yeah! (Ok you can tell I'm a little excited).
Update: I just got a rebate card from Publix for $10 more off for buying the diapers, so $110 for everything!

7 comments:

Michael and Kim said...

WOOOHOOO! I've been shopping and couponing at Publix for a few months and can't believe how money money I save. I have become that crazy coupon lady! I always checkout www.southernsavers.com and www.iheartpublix.com. They are fabulous! Happy couponing. :)

Amy said...

what coupon workshop did you take and why do you have to drive all the way to fairhope? Congrats on the savings!!!

Parks Avenue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parks Avenue said...

Teach me your ways Kimmie!!!

Wren said...

Wish they had this in Canada.
Thanks for sharing that, you got a really great deal there!

Wren
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Journey_Back_in_Time

Merrill said...

NOt like you're a bargain hunter or anything.

Katie said...

kim, what's in the buggy and why did you decide to go w/ these diapers instead of target? just curious....